September 2018 Construction Update
We hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend. Though summer is coming to a close, work on BARC’s fiber project continues to push forward in Rockbridge County. We have experienced some schedule delays due mostly to contract crew availability, which has caused our planned construction schedule to slide a bit. We’ve made the following timeline adjustments to the construction schedule:
In order to connect homes to our broadband services, fiber construction crews must complete the mainline and lateral fiber, and then splice all the fibers together. This is followed by a separate “drop crew” to build the individual service drops to the exterior of your home. This entire process to bring services to your home takes time to complete. Only after these actions are completed can our Member Services team contact you to schedule your in-home installation.
Below is an updated map on the fiber construction project and areas of construction.
Looking forward, below are our current projections through the first quarter of 2019.
• Start Fairfield to Cornwall lateral fiber
• Start Greenhouse Road area lateral fiber
• Start Raphine to Wade’s Mill lateral fiber
• Service drops/installs – north of I-64 and west of I-81
• Service drops/installs – Mount Vista
• Lateral fiber & service drops/installs – Greenhouse Road, Hunter Hill Road, Furrs Mill Road
• Mainline & lateral fiber – Cornwall to Lexington
• Mainline and lateral fiber – Conrock south to Effinger substation
• Service drops/installs – Fairfield to Cornwall • Service drops/installs – Cornwall to Lexington January
• Mainline and lateral fiber – Effinger substation to Route 60 West
• Remaining service drops/installs – Cornwall to Lexington
• Service drops/installs – Conrock south to Effinger substation
• Service drops/installs – Effinger substation to Route 60 West
Engineering and design continue for many non-BARC Electric service areas that are inside phase 1, and will add these to the forecast as they are completed. Our fiber engineers are working to get those areas released to construction as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, our crews, or anything else, please contact us at 800-846-2272 or via email at email@example.com. You can always stay up to date on our progress by visiting BARC Connects News or follow us on Facebook.