January 2019 Construction Update
Happy New Year! January in the Shenandoah Valley has brought continued rain and winter temperatures, including some snow, yet our fiber construction project in Rockbridge County is moving along. In an effort to increase our capacity to build drops to residential consumers, we have made internal staff adjustments and brought in additional contractors to increase productivity. Our crews continue to make progress on mainline and lateral construction and the fiber ring around the county for Phase 1 is almost complete.
Below are our current projections through April for all phase 1 areas.
January - February (under construction):
• Laterals – Conrock to Effinger
• Laterals – Fairfield north (includes Willow Lake area)
• Laterals – Effinger to Route 60 West (includes Sugar Creek)
• Laterals & drops – Fairfield to Cornwall
• Drops & installs – Raphine
• Drops & installs – Greenhouse Road area
• Drops & installs – North of I-64 & west of I-81
March - April:
• Laterals & drops – Backdraft Road and Alone Mill Road
• Drops & installs – Fairfield to Cornwall
• Drops & installs – Cornwall to Lexington
• Drops & installs – Conrock to Effinger
• Installs – Greenhouse Road area
• Drops & installs – Downtown Lexington, Route 11 north, Route 60 east and west (includes Sterrett Road area)
• Drops & installs – Effinger to Route 60 West (includes Sugar Creek)
Our team has also started engineering and design for Phase 2 construction. Additional details will be forthcoming later about construction plans as we finalize the build plan and design.
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, our crews, or anything related to BARC services, please contact us at 800-846-2272 or via email at email@example.com.
We have not included a map this month because crews are working in various stages of nearly the entire phase 1 area now.