Fairfield, Cornwall and Lexington Substation Areas to Start Construction in August
As we reach the midpoint of summer, crews continue to build drops and connect customers from Kerr’s Creek all the way to the Raphine area. In addition, we are moving steadily along our planned routes and are pleased to announce that construction will start in the following areas in August:
Please keep in mind that, before we can connect a home, the fiber construction crews must complete the main-line and lateral fiber, and then splice all the fibers together. A special “drop crew” follows behind to build the individual service drops to the exterior of your home. This whole process does take time to complete.
You spoke and we listened! Based on customer feedback, BARC Connects is excited to provide a map that better illustrates the progress of our fiber construction project and areas of construction. As the project moves along, we will continue to update this map.
Our estimated timeline for service availability for 2018/19 remains on track. Please understand these are our best projections at this time. We are subject to weather delays, construction crew availability and material lead times, which all can delay progress. We are working as fast as possible to get everyone connected. Below are our current projections.
• Remaining lateral fiber – north of I-64 and west of I-81
• Service drops/installs – north of I-64 and west of I-81
• Mainline & lateral fiber – Fairfield substation to Cornwall substation
• Mainline & lateral fiber – Cornwall substation to Lexington substation
• Service drops – Fairfield substation to Cornwall substation
• Lateral fiber & service drops/installs – Raphine to Wade’s Mill
• Lateral fiber & service drops/installs – Mount Vista
• Lateral fiber & service drops/installs – Greenhouse Road, Hunter Hill Road, Furrs Mill Road
• Remaining lateral fiber – Cornwall substation to Lexington substation
• Service drops/installs – Cornwall substation to Lexington substation
• Mainline and lateral fiber – Conrock south to Effinger substation
• Mainline and lateral fiber – Effinger substation to Route 60 West
• Remaining service drops/installs – Cornwall substation to Lexington substation
• Service drops/installs – Conrock south to Effinger substation
• Service drops/installs – Effinger substation to Route 60 West
We are also completing engineering and design for many non-BARC Electric service areas that are inside phase 1, and will add these to the forecast as they are completed. Our fiber engineers are working to get those areas released to construction as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, our crews, or anything else, please contact us at 800-846-2272 or via email at email@example.com. You can always stay up to date on our progress by visiting www.barcconnects.net/news or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BarcElectricCooperative.