Consumer Message Update About COVID-19
BARC Update on Business Activities Due to COVID-19
We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19 to ensure the health and well-being of our staff, consumers, associates and communities. We remain committed to providing reliable electric and broadband services to our consumers.
BARC is taking proactive measures effective March 16, 2020 to safeguard our employees and consumers while ensuring business continuity:
• We are waiving electric and broadband service disconnects and penalty fees for our residential consumers at this time and will continue to work with our business and commercial consumers to mitigate the impact of the state of emergency until further notice.
• BARC facilities are no longer allowing visitors at our offices. Only BARC staff will be permitted inside our office buildings until further notice. Consumers should utilize our digital tools for account management. Electric consumers can also use our Autocue system for payments and to report electric outages.
• Any payments brought to the Millboro office must be placed in the outside payment drop box. Our lobby will be closed to anyone who is not BARC staff or a pre-approved vendor.
• In the event of electric outages, crews will continue to respond and restore power. If you experience an electric outage, please report it to BARC by calling 800-846-2272 or by using the mobile app or online web portal.
• We are implementing precautionary measures and will begin checking employee temperatures daily to ensure good health for staff and the public.
• At this time, we are continuing on-premise installations of BARC Connects services. This will be evaluated daily to ensure public health safety.
If you have not already done so, please familiarize yourself with BARC Electric Cooperative and BARC Connects digital tools and resources for account management, bill payment and technical issues. We have 24-7 support available to maintain reliable service.
Our goal is to continue seamless operations to our consumers while protecting the health of our staff and those we serve. We want everyone in our community to be well and are doing our part to implement best health safety practices to eliminate unnecessary interactions with the community at large while providing you with the reliable service you expect from BARC. We will continue to provide updates and you can find them on www.barcelectric.com and www.barcconnects.net.
For additional information about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov.
Additionally, the Virginia Department of Health has a webpage dedicated to updates on COVID-19 in the Commonwealth at www.vdh.virginia.gov.
BARC Electric Cooperative